Search This Blog

Monday, July 28, 2014

What inspired me to attend the 'The Bendigo Writers Festival'

There are a few reasons why I chose to enrol in the subject, 'Writers In Action' that is centred around the Bendigo Writers Festival and throughout this blog post I hope to list and explain my intentions and expectations of the festival and then re visit them following the completion of the event to ascertain how it all played out.

1. Firstly the BWF lured me in with the grand array of professional authors that are to be making appearances. I admire their talent and ability and I hope that some of their genius will rub off on me!

2. I am very keen to attend the workshops that help new writers understand the publication process.

3. I hope to have the courage to ask lots of questions and probe the speakers and audience.

4. I hope that the festival opens my pessimistic eyes to the idea of becoming an author as a full time job! I love to write but sometimes I feel as though there is no chance that anyone would ever want to publish anything I write! So at the festival I hope to meet those who can provide compelling optimism, opportunity and inspiration.

5. Lastly, I just hope to meet some like-minded people who love to read and write!

Okay! Lets do this!

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure you'll find both Elspeth - inspiration from the established writers, and like minded participants.

    ReplyDelete